Re: [foxboro] General Information required on FoxAPI

  • From: "Bakke, Richard A" <rabakke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:57:53 -0700

Arif,
    We are using the Matrikon OPC Server (ver 3.0.3.151) hosted by a Win2000
server and opening up FoxAPI (ver. 4.2.7) lists on AW51B's, D's, and F's.
    In the /opt/fox/ais/bin  directory, the  opensets  file contains this:

# Following to start GenCS server for OPC server to Cimplicity.
# 2121 is ethernet port (must be matched on OPC server.
# -t is timeout when OPC server down.
# -d is debug level, 0-3.  Default is 1 (Low).  High is 3.
# -x is update frequency for FoxAPI in .5 sec increments.
nohup /opt/cimplicity/matrikon/foxsrvr 2121 -t720 -x10 & >/dev/null

The file  foxapi.cfg  contains basically this:

maxobj     =   6000
maxqo      =   1
maxch      =   1
maxds      =   100
maxien     =   255
pck_read   =   0
pck_write  =   0
maxlog     =   1000
ctdlay     =   50
ddctly     =   0
logtrm     =   0
docmsg     =   0
wfilt      =   0
trcast     =   0
trccts     =   0
trcef      =   0
trcfil     =   0
trclok     =   0
trcx25     =   0
trcbrw     =   0
open_wait  =   1
status_wait  =   10
uread_direct  =   0
rmtid      = <lbug1>  <lbug1>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug2>  <lbug2>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug3>  <lbug3>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug4>  <lbug4>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug5>  <lbug5>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug6>  <lbug6>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug7>  <lbug7>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug8>  <lbug8>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug9>  <lbug9>  / R/W 20-Series
rmtid      = <lbug10>  <lbug10>  / R/W 20-Series
use_omopen  = 1  # to not use CSA for writes, in case it is down.
nocsaonread = 0  # to use CSA for reads (which optimizes the lists).
fastest_rsr = 10 # for 5 sec. scan rate.
# New values with 4.2.7
skip_omread = 1  # Speeds up list opening. (default is 1)
protect_index = 1 # Causes value to keep same index thru delete/re-add (def is
1)
ia_badstat = 0 # Combines connect status & bad bit into one word 103 hex if set
to the default of 1.

There is a FoxAPI Users Guide in the FoxDoc's on CD or in the User Doc's on the
CSC Web site.  There is also some documentation that comes with the latest
version of FoxAPI (which I recommend).  The Matrikon instructions should also
help.

From what I understand, there was no special setup on the Win2000 server.

Rich Bakke
Longview Fibre Co.