Re: [foxboro] GDEV ignore limits listing

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:11:22 -0500

Getpars is good and quick,  but the initial question was are limits
configured, and are they being ignored.  The implication is you would
only turn on the IGNLM1 if a limit switch was failing.  So getpars
isn't too helpful to see what is going on in this instance.  (Unless
we assume that any block with the IGNLM[1,2] set to true is a hit and
then we would have to still get the DEVLM[1,2] if that is what we are
trying to fix.  You are fixing the bad limit switches right Ken?)

This awk script only took a couple of minutes to write and it gives a
much better snapshot of what is configured.  (But not what is
happening, it's like quantum physics.)

I'm cutting this from a unix session so CR/LFs might be wonky.

BEGIN{
       printf ("Block Name, Type, DEVLM1, IGNLM1, DEVLM2, IGNLM2 \n")
      }
{
  if ($1 == "NAME") name = $3
  if ($1 == "TYPE") type = $3
  if ($1 == "DEVLM1") devlm1 = $3
  if ($1 == "DEVLM2") devlm2 = $3
  if ($1 == "IGNLM1") ignlm1 = $3
  if ($1 == "IGNLM2") ignlm2 = $3
  if ($1 == "END" && type == "GDEV")
    {
     printf ("%-24s, %s, %24s, %s, %24s,
%s\n",name,type,devlm1,ignlm1,devlm2,ignlm2)
    }
}

There, wasn't that easy?

Regards,