Re: [foxboro] Foxview Menu Bar and Drop down lists

  • From: "RAYMUNDO MENDEZ" <mendezrw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:03:23 -0400

Joe and Glen, thanks for your answer. Colud you please indicate me the
Document Number for X Windows System's Users Guide "Motif edition", so =
can check it out too.

Regards

Raymundo M=E9ndez
PDVSA Manufactura y Mercadeo
Refiner=EDa El Palito
Zona Postal 2023A
Apartado Postal 102
Departamento de Automatizaci=F3n Industrial
Equipo de MCP

Tel=E9fono:           58-242-3603518
Fax:                58-242-3604766
E-mail:        mendezrw@xxxxxxxxx

"Glen Bounds" <gbounds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org con fecha 11/27/200=
1
12:07:20 PM

Por favor, responda a foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:   foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:

Asunto:   Re: [foxboro] Foxview Menu Bar and Drop down lists

Reprint from Joe!

There should be a file .Xdefaults in the root directory.

/.Xdefaults

vi this file and add the following two line at the bottom:

Olitsampler*XmCascadeButton*FontList:
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*

Olitsampler*XmMenuShell*FontList:
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*

if you want this to take effect imediatly do the following

/usr/openwin/bin/xrdb -merge /.Xdefaults

then restart the Foxview session. By adding this to .Xdefaults they wil=
get
loaded in the next time the box is rebooted automatically.

the .Xdefaults file is per user and is located in the users home direct=
ory,
so if you want the "ia" user to have the same copy or edit the file in
/opt/ia (the "ia" users home directory.

if you do not like the font you can make modifications to the Font defi=
ned
in the two lines above
 You might be wondering about that "Olitsampler" part of the resource. =
If
you use xprop and select Foxview you will see it as one of the
"WM_CLASS(STRING)" names.  This will affect all foxview's sessions.  if=
 you
want you can change it form Olitsampler to default_dm and it will only
effect the default session.  I think you get the idea.  the second ques=
tion
you might have is why do I have two resources?  The first XmCascadeButt=
on
is
the menu across the top and the second XmMenuShell is the drop downs.  =
Now
you can have lots of fun changing the font colors and styles for Foxvie=
w.
figured this out by using the X Windows System's Users Guide "Motif
edition"
and looking through the widget resource stuff.  So if you want to do mo=
re
customization I would start there.

Joe