Re: [foxboro] Foxboro/Invensys pulls another good one.

I am in the same position. The push in other parts of the organisation is f=
or NT type systems with graphics that look more modern. With the current st=
ate of CAPEX funds a change from DM to Foxview would not be possible with a=
ll these extra costs.=20

Mike Kinch
Sydney Water Corporation

>>> rabakke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/15/02 09:33pm >>>

I am very unhappy with having to pay for FoxView version 8, which sounds li=
ke
it might finally be a product worth using.  I have been thinking seriously
about switching from DM to FoxView, as Foxboro has been urging us to do, but
this will in all probability nix that idea.  Why would what is supposed to =
be
the basic graphics package for the I/A be separated from the rest of the ba=
sics
of the system????  Are they not really trying to improve their image?  It's=
shame (and bad publicity) that the Foxboro I/A graphics in our mill have to
continue to look ancient compared to the Honeywell graphics in our mill....

Rich Bakke
Longview Fibre Co.

Neil Martin wrote:

> Many of you may know this already, but I just found out something
> ridiculous about Foxview/FoxDraw for Unix and V6.4 software.
> FoxView/FoxDraw V8 is the only version of FoxView/FoxDraw that has been
> tested with V6.4 I/A software.  But, starting with Version 8,
> FoxView/FoxDraw for the I/A system is no longer free - you will need a
> license for each DM and Remote DM you are going to be able to run.  List
> cost is something like $6000 for 10 licenses and $11,700 for 20 licenses.
>
> If you are unhappy with this, be sure to express it.  Foxboro could have =
at
> least said that FoxView/FoxDraw V99.2.1 is fully supported for use with
> V6.4 I/A software.  I for one am not going to pay for FV/FD V8, either
> V99.2.1 will work "good enough" or we will have to stay at V6.3 software
> (or use Display Manger).
>
> Neil Martin
> Huntsman Corporation
> 7114 North Lamar Blvd
> Austin, TX.  78752
> ph) 512-483-0119

=20
=20
 =20

This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify=20
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the=20
original e-mail.