Re: [foxboro] Foxboro I/A interface with PLC5/30's

  • From: "Jaime Claramunt R. (Inforsa)" <jclaramunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:38:58 -0400

About the way to adress points... are you using MCIN/MCOUT, PACKIN/PACKOUT ?
and if it's so, how do you treat individual alarming in DCS for each signal
?
We have some similar AB-DCS comms (old ABStation, and INT30-KF2), but we are
usung CIN/COUT because of the alarm/acknowledge capacities...
Operator disliked those blocks with 8 alarms because the ack is for all 8,
not each one separatelly (BOOLALM).
So we cannot optimize loads and/or add more points.

Do you think using MCIN/MCOUT in integrators and MCIN+CIN in CP is a
feasible approach ? (more pear-to-pear, though)

Jaime Claramunt
Inforsa