Re: [foxboro] Foxboro IA NT integration with Rosemount Delta V using OPC

  • From: "John Metsker" <John.Metsker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:07:58 -0500

I would like to add some clarification to Ken's statement regarding the
new "proposed" FDSI (Field Device System Integration) FBMs that will
support communication to Allen Bradley PLCs over Ethernet.  The FDSI
family includes the FBM232/FBM233 which will offer simplex or redundant
Ethernet I/O capabilities.  "Introduced" is too strong of a word.

-  These new FBMs are part of I/A v8.0.  V8.0 has not yet completed
internal operation testing or reached customer beta testing.
-  I/A v8.1 will the first release where interoperability with earlier
I/A versions will be supported.
-  CP270's (either ZCP270 or FCP270) will be required to host the new
FBMs.
-  At this time, only support of the Control Logix Family of PLCs and
it's protocols (CIP-Ethernet/IP) is proposed.  The AB protocol (CSP)
which is used by PLC5 and SLC5/05 has not been mentioned.

At General Mills, AW51 Integrators are used to act as PLC (AB PLC5 and
SLC5/05) gateways.  The AW70 Integrator would provide the same
capability.  The large memory size and Ethernet communication speeds
essentially eliminate any communication bottlenecks.

John Metsker
General Mills

 =20