Re: [foxboro] FW: Ladder Logic

I have lots of issues with our old version of IEE (V1.2.2), but it does
have a very nice CALC block editor.  It is very easy and quick to insert a
line, copy and paste to other areas of the CALC block, etc.  if you know
what you want to type.  I don't remember for sure, but it may also allow
you to type an additional length of text characters to the right of  the
step for documentation, though the long text won't all show up in Block
Detail on the I/A system.  When you open up the IEE strategy view to
access the CALC block, you can also type a lot of text right there within
the strategy view to help document the block.
I agree that PLB can be very fast to edit and force a point, but my
problem with it is that none of the PLB CIN_X and CO_X are tracebable
within the system as normal tag with descriptions, and the points are not
alarmable and they do not indicate BADIO status.  Hence, I am trying to
convert all of our PLBs over to CALCA so that I have better confirmation
about what instrument is connected to an input or output, and I have much
better "where used" traceability. A very few characters of description can
be viewed only once a PLB is opened.  PLB can also run out of input and
output flags quickly, rendering the rest of the FBM output points unusable
if they are not needed in the PLB and all of the IFLs are being used.
Since we do not need the really fast response, I would love to see a PLB
block that resides at the CP level instead of the FBM level, and that some
how requires all inputs and outputs to exist as a regular C:B or C:B.P
(CINs, COUTs, etc.) that have normal tag names, descriptors, etc.  This
would allow the quick edit and force functionality of a PLB, and better
traceability about what is configured (i.e. tag) for every input and
output point, and where it is being used at in the system.  For instance,
I do not know what LTRBUG_PLB.CO_1 is, but I do know what HS1000.COUT is,
and I know even better if its 32 character tag descriptor is configured.

Neil Martin
Huntsman Performance Chemicals

Gregory A Hurwitt <gregory.hurwitt@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/03/2012 03:51 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] FW: Ladder Logic

IACC lets you do this.  (Right-click on the spot where you want to
insert.)
As far as I know, the only way to deal with it in ICC is to manually move
steps.

Greg Hurwitt
BASF - Freeport, TX

From:   Brian Long <blong@xxxxxxx>
To:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   05/03/2012 03:43 PM
Subject:        [foxboro] FW: Ladder Logic
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Question, lets just say we use a calc block and 40 of 50 steps are used, (
and we even documented well enough to understand).   How quickly and
easily
can we add  another 10 steps right in the beginning because we added or
modified equipment?