Re: [foxboro] FDSI driver AB CSP or FDSI Driver Ethernet/IP

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:18:06 +0900

The other nice result from this solution is that it means you don't have to
use the CPU Ethernet port for comms between PLC and FDSI.  We're using the
Prosoft ModbusTCP cards in our PLC5s - the Prosoft card Ethernet port goes
either straight to the FDSI or to a din rail mount industrial switch and
then to the FDSI.  The main Ethernet port on the processor goes out via a
firewall across our main network for data collection, monitoring, etc...
With the Prosoft card, we keep our control network connection between FDSI
and PLC off the MIS network.
Regards,

Kevin