Re: [foxboro] FBM204 failed to be recognized by system

  • From: Dirk Pauwels <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:12:56 +0000

Hi Corey,

If I was as lucky with the lotto as with the FBM200's, I wouldn't be on this
forum anymore, I would be sipping a cocktail on some exotic beach ;-)))

We're a small site, we haven't got that many FBM's, we have 117 fbm200's,
(mostly 201 and 241, some 204's, 217's and 237's) and 228 fbm 100's.
I can honestly say I've never had a bad FBM200.  I did have one or 2 bad fcm's,
but the FBM200 compared to the FBM100 are much more reliable.
I did hear some bad tidings regarding the hart FBMs, but we haven't got any of
those.

Rgds,

Dirk

From:   Dirk Pauwels <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   01/23/2012 03:18 AM
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jason,

In the 10 yrs we've been using the 200 series, I've never had one fail on me
yet, but it's always possible I guess. The old 100 series did fail regularly,
but never a complete card, only 1 contact. I suppose you have tried other
contacts on the same card?

I'm not an E&I guy, so I'don't do wiring, but I know the 204 TA blocks can be a
little tricky to connect in the correct way, certainly if you don't have an
example to check correct wiring. We have lots of 204's and even then our guys
sometimes get the polarity wrong.
 If you have polarity reversed, you'll get a bad I/O. Have you tried reversing
the polarity yet? Be sure to follow the manual in connecting the TA to the
field instrument.

Rgds,

Dirk