Re: [foxboro] FBM type?

  • From: "Martijn Daamen" <Martijn.Daamen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:52:17 +0100

Duc,

What's wrong using the iccdrvr.tsk to get the information?

Martijn Daamen
Egemin B.V.
Stephensonweg 6
4207 HB  GORINCHEM

LET OP ! per 19-2-2003
tel. dir. +31-183-643359
tel. alg. +31-183-626633
fax.alg. +31-183-627119
E-mail. martijn.daamen@xxxxxxxxx
web. www.egemin.nl

>>> duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3-3-03 18:39:38 >>>

William,

Yes, the HWTYPE does show the FBM type for all FBMs connected to the
CP, and
it's independent of SysDef, so it meets my requirements. However, this

parameter is buried within the work file and I cannot get to it with a

simple 'strings .wf'. Looks like a C program is needed.

I then checked out Alex's cpUtils collection, of which dumpWF seems to
suit
my needs. But even then it's not as streamlined as I wish, since, if
one
were to use dumpWF, one has to run mkBlkIndex beforehand to get a list
of
block types out of the work file. However, mkBlkIndex seems to have a
fatal
flaw: it dumps core when run on a work file with 200-series FBMs.

So the quest goes on....

Duc