Re: [foxboro] Device Integrator 30 manual

  • From: "Wilson, Brad" <brad.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:55:02 -0500

Pablo,
I think the manuals you want are DI700AJ v1.16 (Modbus master) and DI700AK
v1.13 (Modbus slave). Both are dated Dec 1999.
The B0193RH-C manual is a generic hardware manual, but as others have said,
does not address the specifics of the protocol.

As you probably know, the Modbus FC3 message layout is:
master query = <slave address><FC><start register 2 bytes><register count 2
bytes><CRC 2 bytes>
slave response = <slave address><FC><byte count><1st register value 2
bytes><2nd register value 2 bytes>etc<CRC 2 bytes>
The query message is built in the FDMSGx parameters of the FDSCAN (master).
The FDIDMS block tells the input blocks (FDRIN, etc) where to find their values
within the response message.

Hope this helps.
Brad Wilson