Re: [foxboro] DST

  • From: "Goldie, Shaun S" <Shaun.Goldie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:01:24 +1200

Thanks for the response Russ
We are running FV10.1 and Aim AIM_AT_3.2.5.24 (QF1008915)
The Mesh is UTC=20
The Node is IATIME=20
AIM instance is on the node and the AIM* collectors have GMT parameter
set to +12 for the Aim* Collectors as per B0400EL page 57-58
When we move from winter time to summer time, we turn the DST flag on in
the aim* remote collectors and then restart the trend? Servers with
start_server STOP start_server FH.

What we have done to identify the problem is historize STATION.DAY HOUR
and MINUTE for a CP60 and a FCP270. My theory is pausing a trend of
STATION.HOUR the trend value and the time stamp should always agree, we
have found that after moving into summer time the mesh trends for the
winter time portion disagree with the time stamp being 1 hour less than
the trend, on the node side everything is fine. There is no problem with
the CP time change. It happens within the first minute of DST change
over.

We have also seen strange results depending on the duration of the
trend.
If the duration is say four hours the timeline on the trend looks
correct, but the timestamp at the top of the trend is an hour behind.
If the duration of the trend is short (10 minutes) then the timeline is
wrong for the winter time data, and so is the time at the top of the
trend.

I have 3 weeks to solve the problem but the northern hemisphere must be
approaching wintertime which is much more problematic especially for
FoxView users.
I am considering putting the mesh TZ to zero without DST but haven't
found a P91 version of set_mtk, using a DOS batch file to adjust the
windows time can take up to 10 minutes to propagate the CPs
Shaun