Re: [foxboro] Communication problem b/w FBM231 & AB PLC

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:36:41 -0400

I've been working on serial interfaces for more than twenty years and I
have learned exactly one thing.

DO NOT attempt to hook up to serial devices unless you have a serial
data analyzer. If your management won't buy one, it's time to get new
management.

I think very highly of BlackBox and recommend them all the time. They
have a variety of offerings and free technical support that is very
responsive.

See here for a long list of options:
http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Category.aspx?cid=3D151,156,181

We bought one like this years ago:
http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=3D151,156,181&mid=3D1680

Honestly, without a scope, it is so much harder that it approaches
impossible and with one you'll be done in moments because you can see
the messages and understand the issues.

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041