Re: [foxboro] Cisco switches vs Interesys

  • From: "Hicks, Gaylon F." <gfhicks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:32:54 -0500

I must reluctantly go with the "do as Foxboro suggests" faction on this.
We have a V8.0b system in test on the factory floor right now, and have
had issues with the standard "anointed" Enterasys switches.  Foxboro
has/is correcting these problems, but if we had used "non-standard"
switches (which I really, really wanted to do), we might be on our own,
or at least out a lot of money.  As Corey pointed out, don't expect much
if any support on the "non-standard" switches.

Gaylon Hicks
TVA