Re: [foxboro] Cisco switches vs Interesys

  • From: "Brennen, Robert SCAN--" <Robert.Brennen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:24:19 -0600

Greetings,

We initially thought we would go with CISCO for the same reasons, but =
given the criticality of switches, we decided to go with the Invensys - =
Interesys switches.  As it turned out, we had a problem with a switch, =
and I feel the problem resolution would not have been anywhere as =
effective had we not installed the Interesys equipment.  This is one =
part of the system that I feel should not be a COTS device and highly =
recommend going the Invensys - Interesys route.

...regards

Robert Brennen
Project Lead -  DCS Replacement Project
Shell Canada Limited

This email, any attachment and/or series of responses, is intended for =
the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain =
confidential, personal and/or privileged information. If you are not the =
intended recipient, telephone or email the sender and delete this =
message and any attachment immediately. Do not copy, distribute, or take =
action relying on it. Electronic communications over a public network =
are not secure and therefore Shell does not accept any legal =
responsibility for the contents of this message, including any damage =
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.