Re: [foxboro] CP40 to CP60 Fieldbus upgrade

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:10:09 -0500

Depends upon why you are upgrading to the CP60 ...

If you are upgrading to get better throughput or add more FBMs =
(including the 200 series), then you need to string coax and replace the =
FBIs with DCMs. You'll be able to use up to 120 FBMs because the DCMs =
store and forward Fieldbus messages (that's where you get the =
performance increase on the 10Mbps line).

If you just want the latest hardware and no plans for expansion, mount =
the DCMs near the CP60 and drive your existing twinax. You'll get no =
increase in performance out of the I/O (although you will have more =
block capacity and CPU throughput).

* K

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html
=20