Re: [foxboro] CALC block

  • From: "Corey R Clingo" <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:46:10 -0500

In my experience, the RInn (and other input values) don't ever change
during the CALC block's processing, even if the block from which the values
are fetched processes faster than the CALC block.  The docs lead me to
believe the block processor processes blocks serially, so that inputs from
other blocks are fixed (they are not being processed) while the CALC block
code is executing.

I don't know about operator changes to the inputs, though...

Corey Clingo
BASF Corp.

|         |           <IQUEIROLOO@repso|
|         |           lypf.com>        |
|         |           foxboro-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           01/07/2004 09:47 |
|         |           foxboro          |

  |              To:  foxboro
                                                 |
  |              cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [foxboro] CALC block

Hi list, I have a question about the CALC block. Suppose that we have a =
CALC block with this instruction in the first line:

Step 1            IN RI01

and the same instruction is repeated in the 40th line, as follows:

Step 40           IN RI01

If the value of RI01 has changed in the time between those two steps in =
the same BPC, the values that the block will read will be different?.

Suppose that the CALC block and the block where the value of the RI01 =
comes from are in the same compound.

Thanks,

Ignacio Queirolo Olivera
Repsol YPF