Re: [foxboro] Alarms one line

  • From: Jeremy Milum <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:01:00 -0500

On 10/24/05, Ghodhbani, Hafedh <Hafedh.Ghodhbani@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I am getting plant alarms from the COM processor to a PC (imac computer)
> This PC replaces the printer. So I want to get plant alarms one line on
> the serial printer output.

I applaud your use on an iMac :)

I don't think what you want can be accomplished in that way though.
You could parse the alarms after they have been received by the iMac,
but I don't think there is anyway to do that before they are sent via
the serial port. What are you using the iMac for exactly? Just to
display the alarms, or for storage and analysis?

--
Patron saints in general are broadband connections to the Almighty
- Michelle Delio, Wired News