Re: [foxboro] Alarm Priorities

  • From: "van der Velde, Bas" <bvelde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:16:30 -0400

A little addition to Duc's description.
The actions performed by the I/A system in reaction to an alarm are actually
configured by the user himself.
In a block you have to configure the priority of an alarm as well as the
alarm group you are sending it to.
These alarm groups range from 1 to 8. The first three are configured in the
compound the block resides in and the remaining 5 can be configured in the
STATION block of the module (CP, Gateway, etc.) in which the block can be
found.
The alarmgroups in the compounds can hold up to 8 devices as where the
alarmgroups in the STATION block can hold up to 16 different devices. The
prefered method differs between users.
For devices one should think not only of printers but also the stations
(WP's) and historian the alarm should be sent to.
And as Duc mentioned you can choose to handle alarms of different priority
in a different way.
You can configure it any way you want. Your choice...
Good luck,
Bas van der Velde