Re: [foxboro] AW51 is too slow

  • From: "Omprakash" <omprakash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:18:44 +0300

Oswald,

You need to inspect hard disk space. The root and /usr partition should =
have sufficient free space.=20

# df -kF ufs will list the hard disk space

If no sufficient space in root and /usr partitions you need to upgrade =
the AW hard disk. Also check free RAM on AW.=20

You can check the Informix log file (online.log) in directory /var/tmp. =
This file size increases. The file size can be tailed to the required no =
of lines.

# cd /var/tmp
# ls *.log  (note the size of the online.log file)
# tail -n online.log > retain.log (where n is the last number of lines =
you want to preserve=20
# In retain.log online.log
# rm retain.log

Regards