Re: [foxboro] AIM*OPC SERVER Problem on AW70 (version 7.1)

The osiSoft PI client is installed at the same machine (AW70). The QF installed
are

10/25/04 12:58 Day0 for V7.0 *****
10/25/04 15:39 Release Update for V7.1 *****
9-25-2007 14:37 QF1008482 remd/remv Windows 1993

The tags are all CPBs, what do you mean by AOAs and SVs? SVs may be string
variables,Yes string variables are also served though they are also in IND
blocks strings.

Regards,

Kashif Ijaz
INTECH Process Automation> Subject: Re: [foxboro] AIM*OPC SERVER Problem on
AW70 (version 7.1)> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:33:16 -0400> From:
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > In general, I find
that the AIM*OPC DA Server is best used by running it on the same machine as
the OPC Client that it is supporting.> Be sure to check that you have all of
the latest QFs. There have been several for AIM*OPC DA Server in the last
year.> > Do you have all the QFs installed?> Is your OPC DA Client on the
AW70?> What is your OPC DA Client?> Are the tags that you are serving up -
CBPs, SVs, AOAs?> > > Regards,> > Alex> > > -----Original Message-----> From:
foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Kashif Ijaz> Sent: Sun 3/16/2008 4:07
AM> To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [foxboro] AIM*OPC SERVER Problem on
AW70 (version 7.1)> > Dear All, > > We have AW70 connected to nodebus through
NCNI/RCNI. The purpose of AW70 is just as OPC server. On Nodebus there is AW51F
on version 7.1.1 which is unix based.> > On OPC server we frequently have data
problems and normally we have to stop the OPC server from "services" and then
start it. The data then starts coming.> > Can anyone suggest what to look for
in troubleshooting this.> > AIM*AT OPC Server version is 3.2.0.15. We are using
Windows XP service pack 1 as the operating system of AW70.> > Regards,> >
Kashif Ijaz> INTECH Process Automation>
Notice:> This e-mail and any associated files are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please do not copy it or use
it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Further,
this e-mail and any associated files may be confidential and further may be
legally privileged. This email is from the Invensys Process Systems business
unit of Invensys plc which is a company registered in England and Wales with
its registered office at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BF
(Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within the
Invensys Process Systems business group, please click here
http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.>
> If you have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status.
Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Thank you for your co-operation. You may contact our Helpdesk on
+44 (0)20 7821 3859 / 2105 or email inet.hqhelpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This e-mail
and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements
between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient
(and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).> > > -- No attachments (even text)
are allowed --> -- Type: application/ms-tnef> -- File: winmail.dat> > > > >