Re: [foxboro] AAtab file generator

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:33:01 -0400

Attached is the script that we use to generate our AAtab files. Place it in the
 /usr/fox/alarms and run it as such     maketab W23AW6  Where W23AW6 is the
stations WP Logical Name. It will build a new tab file with the extension of
.new
There is also an interactive mode where you can choose which display should
have the alarm if the alarm resides on multiple displays.
The scripts main downfall is that it relies on the dedit -dump to work
properly. If you have some larger complex displays then the dump may fail. What
we do to get around that is to cut half the objects off of the display in
Foxdraw, run it then do the other half then piece the tab file together. PAIN.
Were running FV/FD 10.2.1
I wrote a CAR on the dedit dump failing and they claim it is fixed in the
newest version of FoxView/FoxDraw which I haven't tested yet.
Thanks,
Dwayne Landry
PPG Industries Inc.