From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Lowell, Timothy
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:23 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [foxboro] AAtab file generator

Oh great list,
Does anyone have a WindowsXP based AAtab file generating script (or collection
of scripts) that is proven to work?

I know that the usual process is to extract the blocks on the displays using
dedit -R, then compare that to the AApan file and to any blocks that might have
alarms, and then once you get the list of all alarm blocks on all displays, you
have to comb through and remove duplicates.

One of our sites had a collection of scripts for this purpose, and I was able
to generate an AAtab file that looked pretty good. It had no duplicates and
looked like it was the right format. One problem: when you boot up using this
file, AAserver.exe hangs and FoxView never starts. At first, it looked like the
use of spaces instead of tabs was causing the problem, but I removed the spaces
and inserted tabs, and that didn't help. After fighting with it all afternoon,
I'm appealing to the list to see if they know of a better solution that is at
least mostly reliable.

Please contact me off-line if you have anything or if you know of an
Invensys-based solution that one of their engineers uses.

Thanks,

Tim Lowell
Tesoro Corporation | 54741 Tesoro Rd, Kenai, AK 99611 | 907-776-3526 (work) |
210-439-5914 (cell)