Re: [foxboro] 8.5 Domain Controller

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <Russ.Boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:19:50 -0400

Jim is correct in his summary below.
As well as the others in the trail.

Domain Controller serves several purposes besides just the user accounts.
Invensys Group Policies are also established for Maintenance, Operations, and
Engineering functions.
Invensys applications like AIM historian, System Manager and others...have been
redesigned to take advantage of these Group Policies to implement entitlements
to groups of users.

For instance...and engineer account in an Engineer group..cannot reboot a CP in
System Management even if the AW is a System Monitor console.
Requires a Maintenance user to perform the task.

Also, the Domain Controller is also used to house the optional McAfee EPO
package for Host Intrusion, Device Control, and scheduling updates ..etc...that
can be pushed to all the AW/WP's in the system.