Re: [foxboro] 8.5 Domain Controller

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:40:06 -0500

Another conclusion: maybe it is not time to jump into this new setup just
yet.  I don't have the luxury of being a pioneer and pulling the arrows
from my back at the moment (though I appreciate those on this list who are
the pioneers).

Of course, I've been saying that about Windows I/A for the last 10 years,
so what do I know?  :)

To be fair, I guess you can just by another (or 2 more, if you want
redundancy) Pee-Ninety-Whatever boxes just to run domain controllers on.
Not very "green", or very cost-effective, but oh well.

Corey

stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/03/2010 01:24 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [foxboro] 8.5 Domain Controller

As I see it. it all boils down to resources (normally equivilant to $$).
If
we want to do something that is not in the "standard supported set", as it
exist today, then we need to be able and willing to:

a) Pay Foxboro money to do "custom engineering"
b) Build a system that differs from the standard, but will work

With option A you can et (paid) Foxbro support. With option B, you need to
be able to support yourself (albeit with som very powerfuk help from this
list).

As tiem moves foward, it appears that thier will be more "standard"
configurations that Foxbro will support W/O paying the consulting
engineering for a "custom" sollution.

At least that is how I see thigs at the moment.

Comments?