Re: [foxboro] 100 Series FBM Reliability Data

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:32:02 -0400

PCS repairs a fair number of the 100 series. The failures we've seen are in one
or more of three catagories:
1. Blown fuse (for whatever reason)
2. Blown channel (usually one where someone hooked it to 220)
3. Blown fieldbus chips (usually from an ESD)
We never see bad A/D, channels out of spec or failed processors. Of course, we
see only the FBMs that people want fixed. We don't see the ones that end up in
the trash.