[foxboro] dual-headed Linux box as operator workstation

  • From: duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:02:26 -0500

Hi list,

We are thinking of setting up some PC-based operator workstations. The most
common solution being a Windows box running any of the many X-emulators. The
sticking point is the dual-headed solution -- we ran into some displaying
issues with eXceed using the Matrox G400 DualHead video card driving two
CRTs.

Another option we are pondering is using a Linux box instead of Windows,
again with the dual-output Matrox video card. Has anyone tried something
like this that can give us some hints? I'd like to hear of your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Duc

--
Duc M. Do