[foxboro] To 4GL or not to 4GL

  • From: "Schouten, Frits JF" <Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:39:24 +1200

Hello all,
I'm currently involved in porting a Unix host to Windows and have come across a
fair chunk of Informix 4GL code.
Now the million $ question.
Should we buy:
K0174DQ

Informix CSDK 2.90.UC4 software development kit for devloping Informix user
applications

Or
Should we convert the 4GL applications to C(++) and drive the FV graphics from
there?

Since we've already decided to use MySQL as the user database, it looks
pointless to me to keep using Infomix 4GL.
Umm, did I just answer my own question here?

Frits Schouten
Principal Engineer
Process Computing Department
Aukland:  +64 +9 375 8111 ext 5261
Waiuku:   +64 +9 236 5911 ext 5261
Mobile:   021 963894
Email:
Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

________________________________

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential, legally privileged or proprietary. It is intended only for use by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error. Any dissemination, copying, use
or re-transmission of this message or attachment, or the disclosure of any
information therein, is strictly forbidden. BlueScope Steel Limited does not
represent or guarantee that this message or attachment is free of errors, virus
or interference.

If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete the message. Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily
the views of BlueScope Steel Limited.