[foxboro] Super Duper Tools, was: IACC Product and Integration with existin g I/A tool s

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 05:12:24 -0500

Tom wrote:

>       This type of information is most important when=20
> deleting existing blocks because a sequence trying to get or=20
> set a variable that no longer exists will cause the sequence=20
> to hang up. =20

And I'd like to add [I take the risk to repeat myself in this issue]:

...if you don't use Standard Block Exceptions. If you do (TO_SYS_ERROR =
in
this case) it's easy to issue a well defined error message, where the =
line
number of the source code and the error number (OP_ERR -1 or -45, =
depends
upon read or write has performed) is printed and the block does NOT =
hang up.

However, the Super Duper I/A Browser is a great idea and for sure =
extremely
useful.

> My question to IACC users is:
> Is there any way in IACC to see if a block is being=20
> manipulated by a sequence get or set?

No way, sorry.

> How do other users address this situation?

my personal Super Duper I/A Browser for omsets and gets in Sequence =
Code is
called "grep", preferably executed in =
/opt/fox/ciocfg/<COMPOUNDNAME>/*.s.
;-)))