[foxboro] Remote Monitoring Winchester Raid 1 AW51 Series

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:56:44 -0500

Is anyone else using the fairly new Hardware Raid
boxes from Winchester and doing some type of remote
monitoring. The Foxboro part number is P0972RU. We
have 10 or so of these raid boxes and would like to
incorporate them into our weekly status report. On our
mirror disk we do a dft_show_status and format the output
and include it in the report. We are using 51 series=20
boxes and would like to do some type of command line
query to check the status. I know there is an audible
alarm but in some control rooms it will definitely
go unnoticed. We thought about tying to the horn and
connecting it to an AIN but that may be the last resort.
Thanks,
Dwayne Landry
PPG Industries Inc.
Westlake, LA. 70669