[foxboro] Prosoft Card

  • From: <c.a.wolfschlag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:55:25 -0500

I'm having trouble getting a Prosoft card M169-MCM to talk to I/A via a Modbus
The Prosoft card is an upgrade of an existing control panel that was talking
modbus to IA via the same Modbus gateway. The new controller is an A-B
Compactlogix with the Prosoft card M169-MCM.  I have the new Prosoft card set
up the same as the old controller: RS-485, 4800 baud, 8 bits, even parity, 1
stop bit & both ports configures as slaves.  The old controller was set up as
RTU7 on a network of eight different devices and this new controller takes its

When I connect the Prosoft card to the network it seems to drag down the entire
system, and I start getting what appear to be random A & B errors.   Any clues
as to what is going on? Has anybody had experience with connecting the Prosoft

Thanks for your inputs.