[foxboro] Problem of Integration of I/A with Trident PLC through Integrator 30

  • From: "Kashif Ijaz" <kashifijaz93@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:19:14 +0400

Dear All=20

Please help me on this

I am trying to integrate Foxboro I/A (version 4.3) with Trident =
PLC(through
it's communication module) through Integrator 30 (P0961BD). Actually =
there
are two devices which are connected to Foxboro through RS232-RS485 and
RS485-232 converters. First device is behaving all right. The second =
device
(Trident) is the one giving me this problem.

I am having three compounds with MDSCAN blocks one each for Digital =
input,
Digital output and analog input in the Integrator30 Station.

The Trident PLC has come online in the System Management. Analog inputs =
are
reading OK in the I/A. But the digital outputs from I/A are not going to =
the
Trident and when I try to toggle these outputs from the I/A, the =
connections
between the Trident and I/A breaks and Trident goes offline in the =
System
Management. The Modbus addresses have been checked and they are =
correctly
written in the COUT, CIN, AIN blocks.

Then the only way to recover the communication is to turn off the three
compounds and then bring the device online through SMDH. Even when I =
turn on
these compounds, it is causing problem as the Trident goes offline in =
SMDH.
I have checked the period and phase of all blocks and they are exactly =
same.

The Integrator 30 loading pattern is also very unusual with I/O scan
sometimes going over 100% and idle time also is over 100%. The loading =
of
Integrator is showing around 75%.

Also is there some setting in Trident which is rejecting the digital =
output
writes from the I/A. The option "Disable remote changes" is unchecked in =
the
main processor settings of Trident.

Can you suggest corrective measure on this issue!

Regards,

Kashif Ijaz
Senior Design & Application Engineer
INTECH Process Automation