[foxboro] New script file

  • From: duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:38:07 -0400

Corey Clingo's shell script is the latest addition to the Cassandra
Project's archive of tools. For more information about his script, please
read the attached e-mail, which, as you will see, is made into the readme
file for his script.

    http://www.thecassandraproject.org/archive.html (under shell scripts)
    http://www.thecassandraproject.org/archive2.html (under Alarm & Display

Thanks, Corey.

The Cassandra Project

>From: Corey R Clingo <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:10:58 -0500
>Subject: Idle DM shutdown script
>I wrote this little script to keep all our DM licenses from being "locked"
>folks who called up remote DMs on their PCs and left them up during coffee
>breaks, vacations, etc.  It prefs the values of PICK1 (currently selected
>and ST0 (name of current display) periodically to see if the remote DM user
>done anything in the DM window.  It is crude but fairly effective.
>It is a ksh script, run in the background, so you invoke it like this:
>nohup kill_idle_dm.sh 2>&1 >/dev/null &
>There are several variables that control the script's operation
>DELAY - number of seconds between checks for "idle" DMs
>DM_INACT_LIMIT - number of times a DM can appear "idle" before the script
>DMNAMES - names of DMs to monitor
>MYNAME - the string used in the "killed by" message the user gets when the
DM is
>I tried to comment the script to this effect as well.
>If anyone has any questions, they can e-mail me at clingoc@xxxxxxxxx
>Corey Clingo
>Sr. Engineer
>BASF Corporation

This list is neither sponsored nor endorsed by The Foxboro Company.
Use the information obtained here at your own risk. For disclaimer,
see http://www.thecassandraproject.org/disclaimer.html#maillist

subscribe:   mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=join