[foxboro] Fw: peer 2 peer loop strategy conclusion

  • From: Ajit.S.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 01:29:23 +0300

Thanks Timothy,
True....we have it in different CP. However we have the AOUT of one block
(channel) connected through hardwired to AIN of the another block in
different CP controlling the process. The reason is both are located in a
different instrument house. The design concept was to avoid P2P due to
complexity of the loop originally. Now to reconsider the loop strategy can
this be connected as P2P if yes then was are the consequences in case of
P2P failure.
ESD System's do not permit Soft linkages or P2P as in the case PLC to DCS
it is hardwired.

Thanks and best regards

A.kumar

----- Forwarded by Ajit S Kumar/Technical/SAMREF/SA on 04/02/2012 01:19 AM
-----

From:   "Lowell, Timothy" <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   04/02/2012 01:17 AM
Subject:        Re: [foxboro] peer 2 peer loop strategy conclusion
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perr-to-peer refers to loops that have connections across Control
Processors, not between two FBM's that are hosted by the same Control
Processor.

The disadvantage of peer-to-peer