[foxboro] AW51 is too slow

  • From: oswald gomez <oswaldgomez@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:59:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi list

I've got a very serious problem with one my AW51 stations. The terminal is too
slow to run basic applications and tasks with displays and everything. I know
my problem has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have much free memory. I
know there's some space I can recover by doing some cleaning of the machine.

Can anybody give me some tips about what files I can eliminate without
affecting the machine´s performance?

I deleted some *.old files I had somewhere and that gave some  disk blocks but
I don't know what else to try. I also checked the mail box, I know it gets huge
sometimes. I deleted the core too..

'