[foxboro] AW: connecting to CP

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:20:48 -0400

Hi,

> I assume that deleting the /opt/fox/csa files=20
> takes care of the latter problem

It's strongly recommended to manually initialize the CP after that
Checkpoint File copy procedure and reboot it again to get all three CP
databases in sync again. There are tools around to get it synced =
without
initializing but they need experts to work as expected (and as I'm =
doing
this also only once all five years I always try to make it the normal =
way).
;-)

However, the Checkpoint file copying does not solve the CP lock problem =
at
all, I'd not recommend to do it.

Best regards -

Marcel Sieling
Systems Technologies

Invensys Systems GmbH
Heerdter Lohweg 53 - 55
40549 Duesseldorf
Germany
Tel.:  +49 (0)211 5966-171
Fax:  +49-(0)172-50-2673077
Mobile:  +49-(0)172-2673077
Email: msieling@xxxxxxxxxxx=20
Homepage: http://www.invensys-process-systems.de=20
Visit my private (german) homepage: http://www.powerslider.de=20

Wir m=F6chten auf unsere Veranstaltung hinweisen:=20
Invensys PLS 80E Anwender Symposium 14. und 15. Oktober 2003
in Stuttgart, Kurhaus Bad Cannstatt
http://www.foxboro-deutschland.de/pls80e-as2003/index.htm

Win a BMW Z4 with the Invensys ArchestrA Test Drive!
http://www.invensys.com/divisions/Archestra.html

mailto:foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dleave