[foxboro] 2012 Foxboro Users Conference - Early Bird Discount Extended

  • From: "Deo, Terry" <Terry.Deo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 08:54:07 -0400

Greetings Foxboro Users,

I just want to remind everyone that the Early Bird Registration discount
for the Foxboro Users Group Conference has been extended to June 15th.
If you are planning to go please register now to take advantage of the
savings.

Once again, this will be a great opportunity to share experiences,
problems and success stories with other Foxboro users, in a Foxboro only
event.  Registration to date has been rather low and we (the steering
committee) are trying to understand why.  I read the few responses to
Dave's note late week and I realize that budgets are tight but there is
real value to attending an event like this.  Learning how others in your
industry group are solving problem or maximizing their DCS investment
with migration strategies can pay real dividends.  Also, as Dave noted,
since this is a Foxboro only event (we haven't had one since 2006) the
Foxboro technical content will be the primary focus.  And it is great to
meet some of the people you deal with on the phone and put a face to a
name.  You can also pick up some good contacts for things you might be
planning to do in the future.  But the biggest value is interfacing with
users that are dealing with the same challenges that you are, but for
this to work we need you there!

Like Dave, I have been attending these user meetings for more than 20
years, all the way back to the Fox 1A User's Group (that's "one A" not
IA") in the late 80's and have always felt that I and my company got
great value for the time and money invested.  I would really appreciate
additional comments from other users as to why you may not be attending
this year.  If it's about making a business case, let us know and we can
try to help with some additional information.  If you have never
attended a users' conference this is a great year to start since it is
pure Foxboro and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the
technical content, the ability to network with other users and Foxboro
expert and the availability of information about virtually any Foxboro
topic you can think of.  And, you even get the opportunity to give
formal feedback to Foxboro on your company's challenges and needs in the
automation area.

Please take a quick minute and send me a note (off list if you like) to
terry.deo@xxxxxxxxxxxx and let us know what we can do to get you to this
year's conference.

Hope to see you all in Boston!

Regards,

Terry Deo, for the Foxboro Steering Committee

Terry J. Deo
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Infineum USA, L.P.
Bayway Chemical Plant
Linden, NJ  07036

Ph: 908-474-6179

>This note and any attachments may contain Infineum confidential or
proprietary information. If you are an unintended recipient: (i) place
no reliance on the information contained herein; (ii) do not disclose,
distribute, or duplicate any information from this note; and (iii)
please contact the sender.