[fosslab] Re: Reg - DOubt in Samba Exercise

       while running samba exercise, we have created "winuser" and password
to login to windows.

>  1)we are not able to login as winuser in fedora.

Because, you have not assigned any password for the default linux user
"winuser" in fedora.

As root, assign a linux password for the winuser

root#passwd winuser

This should solve your problem and now you should be able to login as
winuser in fedora.

> but we are able to login as winuser with the password we have given into
> windows.
>
> 2)if we type smb://IP Address in fedora, it asks for username,domain,
> password. but we didn't set any password in windows, just username
> "admin" only available. then how can we fill these details?

In the domain name field, give the hostname of windows computer.

To find the hostname of the windows computer

Go to windows machine -> Start -> cmd

in the DOS prompt, type hostname.

This should solve your problem.

S. Baskar