[fog] Re: 553 Bouncer

  • From: "Jim Poston" <jimposton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:37:01 -0700

On 26 Jun 2002 at 23:49, William Holmes wrote:

> I have a report that lists one of my members as bouncing 8 times with a
> 553 code.  What exactly does this mean and how can I reset her.  I have
> emailed her privately with no problem

Is this the error message?

"Remote host said: 553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom
list (#5.7.1)"

I think that means that the service you're using (freelists?) has been
placed on someone's blacklist for spamming or open relay.  If the
blacklist is used, ALL mail is usually blocked regardless of whether it's
legitimate mail or not.

-- Jim

<<    He took a dog-doo snow cone & stuffed it in my right eye.     >>