[floss-cec] Re: new

  • From: Pramod <xpramodp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:28:01 +0530

actually i meant just that... i had recompiled my kernel with a patch before
i knew about ntfs-3g (2-3 years back). On second and third thoughts, and on
consultation with some people in the FSF i decided not to use NTFS...

On 12/13/06, Vimal Joseph <vimalekm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/12/06, Alan Haggai Alavi <alanhaggai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Writing to NTFS has not yet been recommended. But, it has worked fine
for
> me. But, the ethics.... are against it.

Why there is an issue of ethics with the use of ntfs-3g which is
released under a "Free Software" licence? The real issue is whether
you want to use a proprietary non-standard file system (which keeps
you in its control) or not. In other words, whether you want freedom
or not...

~vimal
College of Engineering Chengannur
floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec

--
Regards,
Pramod P

[+919495228505]
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history"
        - Richard M Stallman