[floss-cec] Re: new

  • From: Pramod <xpramodp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:29:46 +0530

Good work Sheshu...

Here's a trivial one, but useful for newbies..
You can enable read/write permissions for vfat (Windoze FAT32) partitions
during auto-mount by modifying the /etc/fstab file:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/windoze    vfat    umask=000       0   0

where /dev/hda1 is the windoze (vfat) partition to be mounted r/w at boot.
This action might generate warning messages, but nothing so serious.

We cannot set an NTFS partition to read/write mode, however, we can mount it
read-only. Add the following line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/windows    ntfs    umask=0222      0  0

where /dev/hda1 is the windoze (ntfs/hpfs) partition to be mounted at boot

some1 next...

--
ShEsHuKr

--
Regards,
Pramod P

[+919495228505]
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history"
        - Richard M Stallman