[floss-cec] Re: new

  • From: sheshu <krsheshu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:02:15 -0500

hers a simple script for file or folder rename

#script rename (rename name1 to name2)
#paste this in a file and do chmod 755 <filename>
#usage :-      rename name1 name2
cp -r $1 $2
rm -r $1

it may have a lot of disadvantages

On 12/23/06, Amal Krishnan <alterk0de@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how abt this ?..
"
who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch;
strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean;
sleep;
"

On 12/23/06, sheshu <krsheshu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hey every1 stopped...?
>
> heres some other thing........
>
> to mount your thumb drive automatically just add these lines to
> /etc/fstab file as rut
>
> /dev/sda    /media/sda    auto   defaults  0        0

> On 12/13/06, Pramod <xpramodp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > i haven't neglected it, but don't use it with linux just like i use
fat
> :-)
> >

> > On 12/13/06, Binulal Narayanan <binulal@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> > > aaaaaaaaaargh! The world is round, Pramod :) How could you neglect
so
> complex a filesystem just because it's proprietary! :D
> > > -Bnooooooo

> before i knew about ntfs-3g (2-3 years back). On second and third
thoughts,
> and on consultation with some people in the FSF i decided not to use
NTFS...

--
AlterK0de