[floss-cec] netlab

  • From: Stephen Thomas <steeve102000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:31:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi everybody,
                      btw wat happened to our netlab linux experiment?Is
everthing alright?I heard complaints that we made everything mess up..and also
heard abt plans to install Suse instead of Ubuntu by Proddec members....

Binulal Narayanan <binulal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: YEP!
There are a hell lot of simple configuration files in /etc.
You could just do a man to see what they do!

so, ideally, a man on /etc/passwd file should tell us how to change the login
shell.

Binu

On 12/10/06, Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: and btw, motd stands for
message of the day!

On 12/10/06, Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> no I dont know and I dont want to use google now!
>
> there is something called linuxlogo. just apt-get it and see.
>
> On 12/10/06, Binulal Narayanan <binulal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Cool dude! keep it coming.
> >  You may know this?!!
> >
> >  How will u change the login shell itself?
> >
> >  - Binu
> >

> > On 12/10/06, sheshu <krsheshu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > hi dis is is something i have found
> > >
> > > we can modify the login screen message  in console by changing /etc/motd
> > file
> > >
> > > also to change the startup console screen change the /etc/issue file
> > >
> > > okay
> > > next some1.....

> > add

> > > --
> > > ShEsHuKr
> >

> > --
> > The more "why"s I ask about my self, the more mysterious it becomes.
> >
> > Binulal N Achary
> > Pune, India
>

> --
> Cheers :-)
> githinATgmailDOTcom
> Free as in Freedom
> http://githin.googlepages.com/

--
Cheers :-)
githinATgmailDOTcom
Free as in Freedom
http://githin.googlepages.com/
College of Engineering Chengannur
floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec

--
The more "why"s I ask about my self, the more mysterious it becomes.

Binulal N Achary
Pune, India

  "Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows;
  console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong."
  Zoroaster.