[floss-cec] Re: help

  • From: Stephen Thomas <steeve102000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

The page is fine..
*I think a cec emblem(or something ie. pics. relating
our college) on the front page will be better..

I will try to send some articles soon..But i think few
people will spend time to read all the lengthy
topics.Better to make it more interactive..

Some crazy ideas..

*maitain a list of open source softwares of general
interest with comments(ratings)..
*host some tutorials on setting up an opensource
desktop,some talks of imp personalities....
*Start a news section for letting others know whats
currently happening in opensource world...(can be
copied frm LFY,easy way..)
*Host some opensource related questions & answers like

C in linux platform (i dunno if this makes any
sense)for helping peoples to get thru interviews..
*Host a discussion forum ( i tnink it will be the
least used if independently hosted , better start a
board in our college site and add a FLOSS section in
it)
*Host a programming contest for students in
opensource..
*release a CEC OS and upload it for free download for
others and support it.

--- Shiv Shankar <sshankarp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the page looks good.
>
> On 8/15/06, FLOSS CEC <floss.cec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > http://floss.cec.googlepages.com/
> >
> > i have made this small home page.. please send me
> articles,, news so that
> > i can put it up here.
> > I had sent a similar mail a week ago. sad to find
> no response.
> >
> > Regards
> > githin
> >

> --