[floss-cec] Re: Unix programming tutorials

  • From: "Binulal Narayanan" <binulal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:14:51 +0530

That's difficult, for the number of subjects and scope are BIG.  I donno if
anybody is interested in OpenGL and u*x assembly language progranming!
anyone? anyone?
- binu

On 1/21/07, Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lets have a page with all such personally known and found "great"
resources! Mail in the details ASAP. Remember, you have to use them,
find that they are really great and then refer them.

http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/index.html<http://users.actcom.co.il/%7Echoo/lupg/tutorials/index.html>

> > [quote]
> >

> > The following set of tutorials reflects an effort to give Unix
programmers
> and programmers wanna-be a chance to get familiar with various aspects
of
> programming on Unix-like systems, without the need to buy an expensive
set
> of books and spending a lot of time in understanding lots of technical
> material. The one assumption common to all tutorials (unless stated
> otherwise) is that you already know C programming on any system.
> >
> > The general intention is to allow someone to get familiar with a
subject
> rather quickly, so they can start experimenting with it, and allow them
> read a more thorough user manual or reference manual after they got over
the
> initial "fear". By no means will these tutorials suffice to turn anyone
into
> a proficient professional, but one needs to start somewhere and then
again,
> why not do it for free?
> >
> > Tutorials Index (note - each tutorial may be browsed online, or
downloaded
> as a .tar.gz archive). Size of each tutorial is given in ammount of
> screen-pages when viewed using the lynx text-based web browser (assuming
25
> lines per page):
> >
> > Unix Beginners
> >
> > Compiling C/C++ Programs On Unix   ( archive ) (~15 lynx pages)
> > Debugging With "gdb"   ( archive ) (~11 lynx pages)
> > Automating Program Compilation Using Makefiles   ( archive) (~13 lynx
> pages)
> > Manipulating Files And Directories In Unix   ( archive) (~50 lynx
pages)
> > Intermediate Level
> >
> > Creating And Using C Libraries   ( archive ) (~18 lynx pages)
> > Unix Signals Programming   ( archive ) (~29 lynx pages)
> > Internetworking With Unix Sockets   ( archive) (~21 + ~44 lynx pages)
> > Accessing User Information On A Unix System   ( archive) (~38 lynx
pages)
> > Graphics Programming
> >
> > Basic Graphics Programming With The Xlib Library   ( archive) (~59 +
~44
> lynx pages)
> > Advanced Topics
> >
> > Unix And C/C++ Runtime Memory Management For Programmers   ( archive)
(~69

--
Cheers :-)
githinATgmailDOTcom

--
The more "why"s I ask about my self, the more mysterious it becomes.

Binulal N Achary
Software Engineer
Pune, India