[floss-cec] Re: Our latest plan...

  • From: "Amal Krishnan" <alterk0de@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:11:30 +0530

lol  ......... how abt a dual boot folks ??? ..... Freedom is abt having the
right to make choices , not being forced into something .... thats called *
Fascism.  **
*

On 9/22/06, Stephen Thomas <steeve102000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Its a good idea,but dont run into problems straight away.I hope a step by step transition would make the matter easier rather than a sudden change, that may cause an outrage among students.Say 8-10 systems installed with linux and the rest may run Windows. Also you must be ready to give some training session for the staffs and students and also be prepared to give a full time assistance till the new Operating system suceeds.

      And i think no one presently have the courage to do what you
suggest  so if you drop this idea now this wont happen in CEC for another
decade (i suppose).
Expect my full support!
Long live Penguin!!
Stephen.

*Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx>* wrote:

What crisis management? How does that happen at other institutions?
Our purpose is not just to remove viruses and p2p, its also make
GNU/Linux popular! Remember that!

On 9/22/06, Shiv Shankar wrote:
> people will kill u if u do that ... crisis management is much more
difficult
> in Linux than windows ... u can also control p2p softwares in windows
and
> also keep viruses and spyware out ...
>

> On 9/22/06, Githin Alapatt wrote:
> >
> > Githin F Alapatt
> > Student Coordinator
> > FLOSS Cell, C.E.C.
> >
> > The Principal
> > C.E.C.

> > Respected Sir,
> > Sub: Permission to install GNU/Linux.
> >
> > If you visit the Computer Hardware Maintenance Lab that is now used as
> > the Internet lab, you can find that most of the computers are infected
> > with viruses. This virus disables copying and pasting functions when
> > microsoft windows is running. Many students are wasting precious
> > bandwidth by running p2p software and downloading songs, movies,
> > cracked games etc.
> >
> > The members of the FLOSS cell are interested in installing GNU/Linux
> > on these machines. Normally, viruses don't infect GNU/Linux systems
> > and the staff can effectively control the use of p2p software on these
> > machines. Once installed, students can easily access the Internet and
> > keep viruses and spy ware out. Most of the well known colleges have
> > only GNU/Linux machines in their Internet centres.
> >
> > Hence I would request you to grant me permission with go ahead with
> > the installation process on September 30th, Saturday. The FLOSS
> > members would do the installation and the other students who are
> > interested can watch and study the installation procedure.
> >
> > Yours Obediently
> > Githin F Alapatt
> > Student Coordinator
> > FLOSS Cell
> > --
> > Cheers :-)
> > githinATgmailDOTcom
> > Free as in Freedom
> > http://githin.googlepages.com/
> > College of Engineering Chengannur
> > floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > http://www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec
> >

> --
> ====
>
> Suport FireFox
> << http://www.spreadfirefox.com >>
>
> ==========

*
*
*"Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows; *
*console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong."*
*Zoroaster.*

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1¢/min.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>

--
AlterK0de