[floss-cec] Re: Our latest plan...

  • From: Stephen Thomas <steeve102000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

Its a good idea,but dont run into problems straight away.I hope a step by step
transition would make the matter easier rather than a sudden change, that may
cause an outrage among students.Say 8-10 systems installed with linux and the
rest may run Windows.
  Also you must be ready to give some training session for the staffs and
students and also be prepared to give a full time assistance till the new
Operating system suceeds.

        And i think no one presently have the courage to do what you suggest
so if you drop this idea now this wont happen in CEC for another decade (i
suppose).
  Expect my full support!
  Long live Penguin!!
  Stephen.

Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  What crisis management? How does that happen at other institutions?
Our purpose is not just to remove viruses and p2p, its also make
GNU/Linux popular! Remember that!

--
Cheers :-)
githinATgmailDOTcom
Free as in Freedom
http://githin.googlepages.com/
College of Engineering Chengannur
floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec

  "Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows;
  console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong."
  Zoroaster.

starting at 1¢/min.