[floss-cec] Re: Our latest plan...

  • From: "Githin Alapatt" <githin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:09:07 +0530

What crisis management? How does that happen at other institutions?
Our purpose is not just to remove viruses and p2p, its also make
GNU/Linux popular! Remember that!

On 9/22/06, Shiv Shankar <sshankarp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
people will kill u if u do that ... crisis management is much more difficult
in Linux than windows ... u can also control p2p softwares in windows and
also keep viruses and spyware out ...

On 9/22/06, Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Githin F Alapatt > Student Coordinator > FLOSS Cell, C.E.C. > > The Principal > C.E.C. > > 22 September, 2006 > > Respected Sir, > Sub: Permission to install GNU/Linux. > > If you visit the Computer Hardware Maintenance Lab that is now used as > the Internet lab, you can find that most of the computers are infected > with viruses. This virus disables copying and pasting functions when > microsoft windows is running. Many students are wasting precious > bandwidth by running p2p software and downloading songs, movies, > cracked games etc. > > The members of the FLOSS cell are interested in installing GNU/Linux > on these machines. Normally, viruses don't infect GNU/Linux systems > and the staff can effectively control the use of p2p software on these > machines. Once installed, students can easily access the Internet and > keep viruses and spy ware out. Most of the well known colleges have > only GNU/Linux machines in their Internet centres. > > Hence I would request you to grant me permission with go ahead with > the installation process on September 30th, Saturday. The FLOSS > members would do the installation and the other students who are > interested can watch and study the installation procedure. > > Yours Obediently > Githin F Alapatt > Student Coordinator > FLOSS Cell > -- > Cheers :-) > githinATgmailDOTcom > Free as in Freedom > http://githin.googlepages.com/ > _______________________________________ > FLOSS Cell Mailing List > College of Engineering Chengannur > floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > http://www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec > > > > >

--
====

Suport FireFox
<< http://www.spreadfirefox.com >>