[floss-cec] Re: IRC server change

  • From: "Binulal Narayanan" <binulal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:42:50 +0530

:)
Bnu

On 10/24/06, Alan Haggai Alavi <alanhaggai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi friends :)

The IRC channel has been moved from the previous server to freenode, as
freenode is more popular and .... [Quote="freenode"]freenode provides
discussion facilities for the Free and Open Source Software communities,
for not-for-profit organizations and for related communities and
organizations.[/Quote]

Details:

Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #floss-cec (and not #floss as earlier)

REGISTER and IDENTIFY your nick.

[quote="binulal@xxxxxxxxx"]Alan, great job.
one briquet: y windows client![/quote]

There are lots of IRC clients available for Linux. To name a few:
XChat, Loqui, Kvirc, BitchX, and the list goes on.

See you all there :)

Thanks :D
Alan.

--
..:: The difference makes the difference ::..
College of Engineering Chengannur

--
The more "why"s I ask about my self, the more mysterious it becomes.

Binulal N Achary
Bangalore, India