FixtureFlash - 04-18-2002

  • From: Randy Morrison <rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fixtureflash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:09:42 -0700

FixtureFlash

PCB Fixturing Solutions brought to you by SP Precision
  _____

April 18, 2002

Holey Moley!

We've been passing out a bunch of information about the wave solder process
in the last few FixtureFlash issues so we figured it was about time to throw
a bone to those surface mount folks lurking around out there. Notice all the
holes in this fixture? We call them heat sink holes. The purpose of the heat
sink holes is to remove mass from the fixture without jepordizing its
rigidity. This allows the PCB to heat up faster, making the fixture more
transparent to the process. All the benefits of a fixture without the
drawbacks. Adding these holes to your fixture can substantially reduce
reflow cycle time, increasing your throughput. The fixture shown in this
photo allowed our customer to shave almost three minutes off their previous
cycle time. That is money right back into the bottom line. That's what it's
all about. You may already be using some fixtures that you could try this
on. We're here to help. Until next time, happy assembly!

  _____

Thank you

SP Precision would like to thank everybody for reading FixtureFlash. We hope
you find this information useful.
Your comments about FixtureFlash are more than welcome and greatly
appreciated.  <mailto:rpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=FixtureFlash_Feedback>
Click here to email your feedback.

And, If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding PCB fixturing,
please email or call. We are here to help you. Thanks again for helping to
make SP Precision the best and most responsive PCB assembly fixture
manufacturer in North America.
  _____

Contact Information

Website:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/> www.spprecision.com

Information / Sales:
 <mailto:sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Find all company contact information here:
 <http://www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm>
www.spprecision.com/company/contact/contact.htm

SP Precision International
2660 SE 39th Loop
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone: (503) 357-9228
Fax: (503) 357-1202
Toll Free (Outside Oregon): 1-800-PALLETT (725-5388)
  _____

Removal from newsletter

You are receiving the FixtureFlash Newsletter because you have previously
expressed interest in SP Precision's product line.
If you wish to be removed from future mailings, please follow this simple
two-step process.
here and hit the send button. The system will email you for confirmation.
2) Simply reply to the confirmation email and you will be automatically
unsubscribed.

  _____

Copyright © 2002 SP Precision International, Ltd. All rights reserved.
  _____